8.30.2011

Worst Birthday EVER

On Saturday evening I had a ham and cheese sandwich around 8pm... well by 10 pm I was in a lot of pain. I figured well I am going to lay down and see if I can get this to just go away... OMG I had a night of hell. I was up all night to the point of screaming most of the night and tears strolling down my face. I couldn't believe this was a stomach ache. I looked at my hubby and said I think my Gall Bladder is screwing up. I fought through the night and ended up going to the ER at 10am Sunday morning.

From 10 am until 6pm I was undergoing testing and once the ultra sound was complete I had doctors and nurses and anesthesiologists flooded my room. I was then whisked off to surgery and once surgery was complete my gall bladder was taken. I had gall stones, my gall bladder walls were thickening, and the ducts were inflamed. so they took it out and I'm in pain but no where near the pain before the surgery.So now I am laid up in bed for a while.

So Monday was my birthday and I spent most of it in the hospital. Talk about a birthday present I will never forget. Surgery!!!One thing that made it all easier was the staff was so wonderful and they even made me a little card that said Happy Birthday Carmin. I was touched by their generosity and the way they treated me from beginning to end and I will never forget that... So there you have it...

While it was the worst Birthday cause I was in the hospital and not home with Family and Friends It wasnt so bad because I was treated very well during my hospital stay and the ER Staff went above and beyond to help me... so I guess I cant "complain" its just not how I would choose to spend my birthday!!! lol

With ♥,
Carmin

No comments: